Tim helps clients navigate unfamiliar territory. Whether it is deciphering complex tax issues, putting their affairs in order, or dealing with the loss of a loved one, Tim helps clients restore certainty in their own lives and plan for the future’s inevitable ups and downs.
Like it or not, taxes are a factor in most nearly all our lives. With a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M) Tim is well equipped to counsel clients on the tax impact of their various actions. Personal circumstances and tax laws are in constant flux and Tim provides clients with the ability to make informed decisions when deciding how to arrange their affairs from both a legal and a tax perspective.
Areas of Practice
Taxation, Estate Planning and Probate, Business Advising, and Transactions
- Counseling entrepreneurs with respect to business formation (entity selection and tax classification), transition (change of entity or tax classification), tax strategy, and exit planning (sale or transfer to family members, insiders, or third parties).
- Counseling individuals and families on estate planning (with emphasis on estate and gift tax planning) and probate matters.
- Representation before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Preparation of federal income tax returns for individuals, businesses, estates, and trusts; preparation of federal estate and gift tax returns.
- Techpolicy.com article summary writer
- Rule 9 Legal Intern at University of Washington Student Legal Services
- Intern at Institute for Indian Estate Planning and Probate
- Intern at U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development Seattle Regional Office
Admissions & Associations
- Admitted to U.S. Tax Court
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Real Property Probate and Trust Section
- Tax Section
- J.D., with honors, University of Washington School of Law
- Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.), University of Washington School of Law
- B.A. – Finance, cum laude, Linfield College, McMinnville, OR
- Business Enterprise Institute Certified Exit Planner (CExP)