Jonathan D. Brodin
Jonathan provides counsel to individuals and business in a broad range of legal matters related to business law, including formation, real estate and mergers and acquisitions, and exit planning. He is passionate about using his experience in business law to serve his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Business Formation, Planning, and Transactions;
- Exit Planning
- Real Estate Transactions – Residential, Commercial, and Leasing
- Estate Planning and Probate.
- Represented business owners in formation of their corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, advised on the merits of each decision, and helped ensure compliance with state and municipal tax and licensing requirements.
- Represented clients on both sides of commercial transactions, including asset and stock purchases.
- Provided counsel to clients in commercial and residential real estate transactions, including purchase and sale agreements, leases, lease options, and real estate contracts.
- Extensive experience drafting documents surrounding lending, including loan agreements, trusts, mortgages, loan modifications, promissory notes, and assignments.
- Counseled clients on estate planning and estate tax strategies, including preparation of various trusts necessary to achieve client’s goals.
- Counseled several nonprofits on incorporation process, as well as issues ranging from corporate governance and nonprofit law to ongoing compliance and employment issues.
- Represented clients before King County Superior Court in matters related to guardianships and probate.
- Assisted clients with issues related to timeshares.
- General Counsel – small company based in Bellevue, Washington, where he advised on issues in finance, securities, and business law.
- Assisted in formation of a strategic partnership between a C-Corporation and a nationally recognized Fund, including provision of a license from the C-Corporation to the Fund for use of its lending platform.
- Oversaw formation of a Foundation offering up to $100 million in payment dependent notes.
- Currently serves as General Counsel and Advisory Board Member of Two Fee Project, a nonprofit based in Washington that serves youth, both in Washington and Kenya, through various mentorship and athletic programs.
Memberships and Activities
- Advisory Board Member – Two Feet Project
- Board Member – The Blue Heron Golf Club
- Member – Snoqualmie Valley Chamber of Commerce
Additional Professional Certifications
- Certified Exit Planner (CExP)
- Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Northwest University, Bachelor of Arts in History
Jonathan currently lives in Fall City with his wife, Becca.