Jennifer is a self-admitted tax nerd who enjoys reading the Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations. A successful career as a CPA in public accounting, non-profit organizations, and private industry, including Fortune 500 and Forbes Global 2000 companies lead Jennifer to pursue to law degree. Jennifer draws on both her tax and accounting experience to help small businesses and its owners with numerous tax strategies to maximize tax savings.
Areas of Practice
- Taxation – Corporations, Individuals, and Estates
- Business planning and transactions
- Estate planning and probate
- Defense of the Internal Revenue Service in Tax Court.
- Formation of business entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Creation of estate plans for families with minor children, and even pet trusts.
- Representation of businesses and individuals before the IRS and the Franchise Tax Board (California)
- Preparation of federal income tax returns for businesses, individuals, and estates.
Prior Experience – Legal
- Owner – Reardon Law, PC, San Diego, CA
- Senior Attorney – RJS Law, San Diego, CA
- Attorney – Weitzen, Phillips & Weinberg, San Diego, CA
- Legal Extern – Internal Revenue Service – Office of Chief Counsel, San Diego, CA
- Legal Intern – University of San Diego School of Law Legal Clinic – Federal Income Tax, San Diego, CA
- Legal Intern – University of San Diego School of Law Legal Clinic – States Sales and Use Tax, San Diego, CA
Prior Experience – Accounting
- Director of Financial Management – KPBS, Public Broadcasting, San Diego, CA
- Senior Accountant – Mayer, Hoffman, McCann, Kansas City, MO
- Staff Accountant – Inacom Corporation, Omaha, NE
Presentations and Publications
- Presentation for the California Society of Tax Consultants: “How to start and operate an LLC in California”; “Probate and Estate Planning”
- Presentation: “Naming Legal Guardians”; “Special Needs Trust”
- National Seminar Lecturer: How to Manage a Small Law Firm, Inc.: “Tax Planning and Strategy for Small Businesses” 2022-Present
Professional Admissions and Associations
- Member of: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Missouri Board of Accountancy; California Lawyers Association – Tax Section and Estate Planning Section; American Bar Association – Section of Taxation; San Diego County Bar Association; California Women Lawyers
- Licensed Attorney: State Bar of California
JD, University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, CA
LLM, University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego CA
MBA, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO
BBA in Accounting, Washburn University, Topeka, KS
Jennifer lives in San Diego and in her spare time can be found at the beach with her two teenage boys chasing around their King Charles Cavalier, Jinx.