Edward J. Cassidy, a dedicated and empathetic estate planning lawyer, is committed to providing comprehensive legal guidance to clients seeking peace of mind in preparing for the future. With a passion for proactive solutions, Edward is dedicated to identifying potential problems before they manifest, helping his clients achieve their goals without worry or compromise.
Areas of Practice
Estate Planning, Probate, Trust Administration, Real Property, Business Formation and Transactions.
- Drafted and executed estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and advanced directives for clients.
- Advised clients on potential gift and inheritance issues.
- Developed strategies for clients to reduce estate tax liability and safeguard assets.
- Advised trustee clients on administering trusts in compliance with fiduciary duties and relevant laws.
- Initiated probate proceedings and defended clients in trust and estate disputes, including TEDRA cases.
- Advised clients on business formation, including drafting operating and non-compete agreements, selecting suitable tax entities, and addressing other employment-related issues.
- Assisted clients with real property matters.
- In-house Counsel at Johnson Law Firm, P.C.
- Owner, Cassidy Law, PLLC
- Clerk, Federal Tax Law Clinic
Admissions & Associations
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. Tax Court
J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law
B.A., Criminal Justice, Washington State University