“I begin by listening to clients as they explain their circumstances, and then I try to apply the relevant tax and legal concepts, in language that they can understand, so that together we can work toward the best result.”
Bryan is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney (the highest rating that Martindale-Hubbell awards) with 30 years of experience and is currently pursuing a Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM) at New York University (NYU) School of Law, which is consistently rated the number one law school in the country for tax education. Bryan also is registered patent attorney (electrical and electronics focus) and trademark attorney, and has experience working with start-up, emerging, and established technology companies.
Areas of Practice
- Business Planning and Transactions
- Estate Planning (Including Trusts) and Probate
- Purchase and Sale and Licensing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Other Intellectual-Property-Related Matters
- Angel Investing
- Counseling entrepreneurs with respect to business formation (entity selection and tax classification including Subchapter S status), transition (change of entity or tax classification), tax strategy, exit planning (sale or transfer to family members, insiders, or third parties), and compensation.
- Counseling individuals and families on estate planning (with emphasis on estate, gift, and generation-skipping-transfer tax planning) and probate matters.
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns for individuals (Federal Form 1040), businesses (Federal Forms 1065, 1120, and 1120S), estates (Federal Form 1041), and trusts (Federal Form 1041); preparation of federal and state estate (Federal Form 706) and gift tax (Federal Form 709) returns.
- Representation of Taxpayers Before the IRS
- Preparation and Prosecution of U.S. and Foreign Patent Applications and Trademark Applications
Admissions & Associations
- Washington State Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section
- Tax Section
- Swan II and III (Angel) Investment Funds
- Keiretsu Capital Investment Fund II
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Tau Beta Pi
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Massachusetts and Texas Bars (Inactive)
Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M.) Candidate, New York University Law School
J.D. Suffolk University Law School (Cum Laude)
BSEE (Electrical Engineering) University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH (Magna Cum Laude)